Bowmans and Afriwise have teamed up to bring you this webinar: one of Africa’s leading law firms and Africa’s only dedicated online platform for business and regulatory information.
FinTech is a major force shaping the structure of the financial industry in sub-Saharan Africa. New technologies have the potential to change the competitive landscape in the financial sector. FinTech challenges traditional structures and creates efficiency gains by opening up the financial services value chain.
Our panel of experts will explore the following:
- The regulation of FinTech in East Africa
- How digital taxes are affecting e-commerce and FinTech services
- How digitalisation can improve tax collection and contribute to domestic revenue mobilisation
- Tax relating to trading or investing in FinTech products
- Exchange control
- The legal aspects of commercialising technology and intellectual property